Each year following the July 4th activities, which we refer to as the ‘Day After’, our beaches and waterways are left with large amounts of trash and debris generated from the festivities. We encourage you to come out to one of the clean-up sites or to adopt a beach location listed below. We will provide bags and gloves to collect trash and debris off of our beaches. We also encourage you to participate in our cigarette butt challenge where winners from each location will receive a prize either provided by Keepers or other supporting business.
- You or your organization picks a location to adopt (see below). Adoption locations are first come first serve.
- We provide the supplies to the adoptee including gloves, reusable bags, hand sanitizer, table, tent, wayfinding signs, and directions for the day of the event.
- The adopting organization posts on their social media and invites friends through other media outlets.
- If you are not part of an adopting organization you just show up and help other dedicated volunteers clean the beach!
Adoption locations include:
- Micklers Beachfront Park
- Vilano Beach Ramp
- A street beach access
- Butler Beachfront Park East
- Crescent Beachfront Park
- Fort Matanzas Beach Ramp
*All sites are subject to change depending on adoptees